Available to view latest ERO Report – 2014
The Purpose of an ERO Report
- ‘The school promotes students’ well-being and creates an environment where diversity is accepted and valued. School values are prominent in learning programmes and are evident in interactions between students and teachers. High expectations are set for staff and students and are well understood by all. Positive and Supportive relationships between teachers and students result in a calm and settled school tone.
- ‘Students, staff and the wider school community share a sense of pride in their school’.
- The 2011 ERO report noted the student’s positive culture, strong leadership and staff collaboration. These good features continue to be evident’.
- ‘Teachers and senior leaders make very good use of student achievement information to make decisions about teaching and learning programmes. This good practice helps them to focus on supporting students to make accelerated progress’.
- The school curriculum supports student learning very effectively. The emphasis placed on providing a relevant and inclusive curriculum helps ensure the school responds well to the diversity of students ethnicities. It fosters a strong sense of belonging in the school for Pacific students, many of whom have good knowledge about strategies that most help their learnings’.
- ‘The school is very well placed to sustain and improve its performance’.
- ‘Student learn well in settled classrooms that reflect the school’s values and high expectations’.
Our current Education Review Office Report (12/2014) has provided a quality testament to the many successful applications supporting student learning achievement, quality teaching, development, cultural diversity, community integration within a ‘happy school’ environment. ERO is likely to carry out the next review in four to five years. This acknowledges Manurewa West Primary School to be among the top leading schools in New Zealand, where only a select minimum ever achieve such professional accreditation.